Saturday, April 12, 2014

My 10-year-old nephew's essay



 
The autobiography of a pencil
Hi. I am a pencil. I was born in a factory. We pencils have only one thing to do throughout our lives. That one thing is writing and we love to do it. The best part is we're born with the talent of writing. Before I was put in my box and sent to a shop, my father told me I have to go through painful sharpenings but they are for my own good and for me to write better and now I have realized how true that is. I live in a pencil box with a sharpner, an eraser, a ruler and a pen. By now, you will be wondering what I write on. You guessed it! I write on paper and in books. The pencil box I live and all these books are put in a bag and we are taken to a place called school. The thing about pencils is as we grow older, we shrink. I change pencil boxes every now and then. There are many types of pencil boxes that come in different colours. Looks like I'm shifting so I guess this is goodbye for now. See you next time.
 

1 comment:

Mrinal said...

Woho...that's profound.